Bullying is usually defined as a pattern of behaviour that is intended to hurt someone, either emotionally or physically, and is frequently directed at specific people because of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or any other factor, such as their appearance or disability.
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu safeguarding team.
what yuzu do
- We will raise awareness about bullying and encourage staff and students to report any concerns.
- We will be approachable and offer comfort and support to those who have been bullied.
- All our staff members and students will receive assistance growing their self-worth.
- We will promote an antibullying ethos amongst the staff and learner community and reinforce the Yuzu Anti-Bullying Policy with new and existing staff
- We review our learners’ welfare regularly via telephone reviews and face-to-face support
what you will do
- I will be mindful of how my actions affect others and how they might affect me.
- I will speak out against bullies and report them if I feel safe enough to do so.
- I will support those people that have been affected by bullying
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding team at Yuzu
- I will be respectful of others at all times
HOW TO GET SUPPORT
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0378
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
other useful resources
They provide assistance to youngsters impacted by crime. Their Children and Young People’s (CYP) Service also handles cases of bullying, providing guidance and collaborating with experts to guarantee that children and teenagers receive the assistance they require. You can reach their support line at no cost by dialling 0808 1689 111
An online form is also available
Family Lives provides targeted early intervention and crisis support to families.
You can get help with:
The different types of bullying
- Bullying at Work
- Bullying and mental health