CHILDREN MISSING EDUCATION
Children or learners who miss education are at significant risk of underachieving, bring victims of harm, exploitation or radicalisation and becoming not in education, employment or training later in life (NEET).
It is important to make us aware at Kiwi if a learner is not engaging in the training or attending their work placement. We can then explore reasons why this is happening and implement support.
what yuzu do
- All trainers and work coaches are aware of their responsibility to inform Yuzu of any unauthorised absences
- We nurture positive relationships with our apprentices’ parents and carers, encouraging them to express any concerns they may have if their child is absent from their apprenticeship/training
- We review our learners’ welfare regularly via telephone welfare calls and trainer visits
- We will provide the necessary assistance so that the learner can resume their education with us if they have stopped before
what you will do
- If I start missing work due to personal issues, I will consult with someone
- I will recognise when I require help and seek it from the appropriate person
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding officer at Yuzu
HOW TO GET SUPPORT
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0378
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
other useful resources
Runaway Helpline is here if you are thinking about running away, if you have already run away, or if you have been away and come back. You can also contact us if you are worried that someone else is going to run away or if they are being treated badly or abused.
- TELEPHONE: 116 000