Exploitation is when someone uses power or intimidation against an individual or group to unfairly obtain something such as money, employment, or sexual gratification. Everyone is vulnerable to exploitation, especially those in positions of importance and trust.
Child sexual exploitation is a form of sexual abuse in which a child is sexually exploited for money, power or status. This may include violent, degrading or degrading sexual assault.
what yuzu do
- We treat all exploitation cases very seriously and, when appropriate, consult with law enforcement and other agencies
- If you are a victim of exploitation, you can reach out to our Safeguarding officer or your Trainer.
- If you have experienced exploitation or believe you may be a victim of exploitation, we will take action
- Through telephone reviews, we periodically assess the welfare of our learners to ensure they are happy and able to continue with learning
what you will do
If I think I’m being exploited, I’ll talk to someone about it
I’ll use the internet and social media responsibly and refrain from sharing anything that could be used against me
I am aware that some individuals using social media and the internet are not whom they claim to be
I am aware that I can speak with the Yuzu Safeguarding officer or my trainer about my worries
HOW TO GET SUPPORT
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0378
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
other useful resources
NSPCC helps children who’ve been abused protects children at risk and finds the best ways to prevent child abuse from ever happening.
If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact their helpline to speak to one of their trained counsellors.
STOP IT NOW!
Stop It Now! UK and Ireland is run by The Lucy Faithfull Foundation, the only UK-wide charity dedicated solely to preventing child sexual abuse. We are here for anyone with concerns about child sexual abuse and its prevention.
Telephone: 0808 1000 900
Samaritans offer a safe place for anyone to call for a chat, at any time about whatever’s getting you down. People don’t need to feel suicidal to call – Samaritans are there to listen.
Call: 116 123
Email: [email protected]