Mental illness can affect anyone at any time, whether it is a child, an adult or the elderly. Examples of mental illness include depression and anxiety, but there are many others. Loss or separation, life changes, or traumatic events can affect our emotional well-being.
There is nothing shameful about feeling mentally ill or being diagnosed with it. People should seek help as soon as they feel that their mental health is preventing them from coping with their daily lives.
what yuzu do
- All staff members and students will receive assistance in increasing their self-esteem and confidence.
- We are approachable and will give people with mental health issues support and assurance.
- We offer guidance information and contact information for national organisations that can assist.
what you will do
- I will be mindful of my mental state and recognise when and if I need help
- If I feel that I am having any problems with my mental health, I will speak to someone about it
- I am aware that I can speak with the Yuzu Safeguarding officer or my trainer about my worries
HOW TO GET SUPPORT
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0378
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
other useful resources
Mental health services are free on the NHS. Your mental health is important and you should get help if you need it.
If it’s an emergency or you need urgent help:
The team at Mind provides information on a range of topics including types of mental health problems, where to get help, medication and alternative treatments and advocacy. We will look for details of help and support in your own area.
Call: 0300 123 3393
Email: [email protected]