Human trafficking is the illegal transportation of persons by force, deception, or fraud with the goal of exploiting them through forced labour, sexual exploitation, or criminal behaviour.
what yuzu do
- We take all incidences of exploitation through trafficking or slavery very seriously and, when necessary, involve the police and other agencies
- If you are a victim of exploitation, please contact our Safeguarding officer immediately
- We take action if you have been a victim of human trafficking or slavery, or if you suspect that someone is exploiting you
- We regularly conduct telephone reviews and/or trainer visits to assess our learners’ well-being
what you will do
- I will report to Yuzu or to the authorities if I am at risk of being trafficked
- I will avoid putting myself in risky situations
- If I suspect someone else is being trafficked or at risk, I will report it.
HOW TO GET SUPPORT
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact our Yuzu Safeguarding team using the numbers below or reach out to us using the contact us button.
- Office Hours Number: 023 8017 0378
- Out of Hours Number in Emergency: 999
- Email: [email protected]
- Safeguarding Officer: 07375 461990
other useful resources
Refuge help women and children who are victims of domestic violence. Refuge operate the 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline.
- TELEPHONE: 0808 2000 247